I am so excited to share this recipe with you! Indian food is my FAVORITE...I love the flavors, i love the smells, I love the variety! It bums me out when Indian restaurants don't have vegan samosas, so i thought I'd make my own version with pie crust, and baked!
Normally samosas are fried, and although they are DELICIOUS...I like baked, oil free much much more, and the pie crust gives it a wonderful flavor!
I am thinking I might make an entire pie out of this next time! What do you think?
Author: Vegan Wife Happy Life
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 C peas
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 large carrots
- Garam masala
- Ginger powder
- Garlic powder
- Curry powder (yellow or red)
- Chili powder
- Pie crust (homemade or store bought)
- Dice potatoes, onions, jalapeno, and carrots into small chunks (the smaller the better)
- Add all ingredients (except for pie crust) into large sized pan with 1 cup water and cook on medium heat until soft
- Cut pie crusts into 3 inch (or bigger, do not go smaller) rounds
- Preheat oven to 450F
- When ingredients are soft, turn off heat and let cool until they are room temperature
- Line a pan with parchment paper
- Fill your pie rounds! Put one spoonful in the center of each round, fold in half and seal together with a fork
- Place in the oven for 7-10 minutes, until sides are golden brown
- Dig in!