This DELICIOUS sauce goes great as a dip, on top of vegan cheese steaks, on cold sandwiches, in salads, you name it!
Author: Vegan Wife Happy Life
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 large sweet potato, diced into 1 inch cubes
- 2-3 jalapenos - minced
- 1/4 cup almond (or other non-dairy, unflavored) milk
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 - 1 tbsp hot sauce (I like Cholula or Frank's)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Boil sweet potatoes until it is easy to put a fork through them. Drain and let it cook once cooked.
- While you are cooking the sweet potatoes, mince the jalapenos and put them in a small pan on medium heat until soft.
- Put sweet potato & all ingredients except for the jalapenos into food processor (you can also use a blender). Blend until you get the consistency you are looking for.
- Now is the fun part - taste test! I always tend to add more seasoning along the way, but I definitely like a TON. Once you have the taste you are looking for, add the jalapenos, and SERVE!
- I recommend making some vegan cheese steaks, using it as a dipping sauce, or mixing it into tacos! I have also put it on sandwiches - it is multi-functional!